Aftercare instructions will differ from studio to studio and from artist to artist. Always listen to your artist directly on their own aftercare instructions to ensure a safe healing process. The below is just a guide.
What to Avoid
- Don’t touch your new tattoo!
- Do not use: alcohol, anti-bacterial spray and/or peroxide to clean your tattoo.
- Avoid using dirty towels, bed sheets and clothing.
- Please use clean items during your healing process.
- Avoid re-bandaging, if your bandage comes off, leave it off.
- Do not moisturize with petroleum jelly or balms that limit your skin to breathe.
- Avoid most water (pools, hot-tubs, baths) until healed, showers are fine.
- Keep your new tattoo away from direct animal hair and saliva.
- Do not shave the area of your tattoo until it has completely healed!
- Try to avoid any heavy sweating for the first 72 hours.
- Contact us if you have any questions or concerns
Inside Out provides an aftercare kit that is available to purchase in store. This provides everything you need for the best tattoo healing process. Includes lotion and soap that are both plant-derived, vegan, cruelty-free and free from sulfates, parabens and phthalates.